Jon is a freelance housing consultant with 30 years experience of working in the social housing within both housing association and local authority settings.
Over the last 16 years Jon has delivered successful consultancy services. During that time he has worked with over 200 housing providers, assessing and advising them on a range of corporate, strategic and operational issues and supporting them in the development of new and innovative mechanisms for resident involvement, tenant-led scrutiny and co-regulation. Prior to this Jon was a regional director at a housing association managing 5,000 homes in the North West of England.
Jon also works in an associate capacity with CIH, TPAS and HQN.
Recent examples of his work include:
- Led CIH Working Together project on Challenging the Future of Tenant Involvement with Leeds Federated, Nottingham City Homes, Mansfield DC, Boston Mayflower, emh Homes, Caerphilli, Coastline, Wiltshire and Family Mosaic.
- Supporting Severn Vale Housing in the development of its new Stakeholder Senate.
- Comprehensive review and development of resident involvement and tenant led scrutiny in numerous organisations including Salix Homes, Trafford Housing Trust, Six Town Housing, Guinness Northern Counties, One Vision Housing and City West Housing Trust, emh Homes.
- Support & Development of scrutiny panels in Salix Homes, Guinness Partnership (Guinness Northern Counties & Guinness South) City West Housing Trust, One Vision Housing, New Charter, and Blackpool Coastal Housing, Stonewater (Raglan, Jephson & Marches), Severn Vale, Weaver Vale HT and Family Mosaic
- Moderating and undertaking comprehensive resident involvement appraisals for 50 housing providers and 20 contractors.
- Independent Tenant Advisor on options appraisals, stock transfers, ALMO set up and Private Finance Initiative schemes in Wakefield, Trafford, Oldham, Ellesmere Port & Neston, Macclesfield, Doncaster and Salford.
- Appraisal of boards and board members in a number of the social housing and voluntary sector organisations including Wigan & Leigh Hospice.
The provision of independent tenant advice, the review and development of resident involvement, tenant scrutiny and co-regulation are Jon’s particular areas of specialism in which his expertise is widely recognised. Jon was recently a member of Inside Housing’s Panel of experts and sat on the panel that judged and awarded the status of Co-Regulation Champions. He helped develop the original concept of Resident Led Self Regulation and the publications Leading the Way: Achieving Resident Driven Accountability and Excellence in 2007 and Tenant Scrutiny; now and in the future in 2011. Jon has also conceived, developed and moderated the Quality Assured Scrutiny (QAS) accreditation scheme on behalf of TPAS, HouseMark and CIH and the national Resident Involvement Quality framework of standards and associated accreditation schemes.
Jon is skilled in communicating at all levels and values highly his reputation for being Inclusive, Independent and honest.
He holds a degree in Housing Studies and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Housing. He likes anything with two wheels and Liverpool FC.
Public Liability : £5,000,000